Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Menu for a Good Life

Thanksgiving with my husband Michael's family this year. Here was the menu:

Appetizers: chips and salsa, artichoke dip and crisps, dill dip with rye bread.

Main course: roast turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, potato casserole, corn in heavy cream, layered salad, pasta and broccoli salad, cranberry relish and sauce, cheddar biscuits and yeast rolls. Yes, it was heavy on the starch. Yes, it was delicious.

Dessert: pumpkin pie, cheesecake with raspberries, blueberry pie, apple pie with cinnamon ice cream, coffee for those who wanted it.

It was fun, relaxed, filled with laughter...a perfect family gathering. I am thankful for my loving family; Michael's loving family; my good friends (who are like family to me); my wonderful friend and business partner, Ann; good health; our dog Ellie and kittycat Lulu; a warm, comfortable house; decent cars to drive; enough money to go to the movies or out to dinner occasionally, the luxury of doing what I love...I have a lot to be thankful for and hope you do too. Happy Thanksgiving.

Sharon

No comments: